How Do I Report Fraud?
Wrexham Council has a zero-tolerance approach to fraud and corruption.
If you suspect or know that someone is committing fraud against the Council, then there are a number of ways in which you can report this. This page provides you with the details
- Housing Benefit
- Child Benefit
- Income Support
- Disability Living Allowance
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Tax Credits
- Universal Credit
By Phone: DWP National Benefit Fraud helpline – 0800 854 440, (text phone 0800 320 0512). Welsh speakers can call 0800 678 3722
By Post: NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston, PR1 1GP
Non Benefit Fraud
- Council Tax (Single Persons Discount), Business Rates
- Theft or misuse of Council money or property
- Pay or expenses for employees or councillors
- Identity and Employment fraud, such as false references and qualifications
- Car Parking (Blue Badges)
- Improvement Grants
- School Funds
- Corruption and bribery
- Insurance - false claims
- Social Services - abuse of direct payments, abuse of clients' money
- Housing Tenancies
By Phone: 01978 292728
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All referrals will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be treated anonymously unless you state otherwise.
What information do I need to provide?
The more information that you can provide about an alleged fraud, the more likely we will be in stopping it, but please don’t be put off if you have only limited information to give us.
Please provide details of:
- the person(s) you suspect
- your suspicion(s) or allegation(s)
- any other relevant information that you think may be of use to us.
If you think the person is violent or may present a danger to our staff, please let us know.
Any information you provide will be greatly appreciated and will be treated on the strictest confidence.