Bulky Household Item Removal
Bulky waste refers to items that are too large to be taken away with the normal refuse collection. This can mean items such as furniture, white goods and garden equipment.
Due to a change in the collection calendar for Christmas week, we will not be offering the Bulky Collection Service between 23rd December and 27th December 2019.
The Bulky Collection Service will resume as normal from 30th December 2019.
Up to eight items can be collected for a minimum charge. Any additional item over eight items has an extra charge.
We will take
- FURNITURE (e.g. Tables, chairs, suites, beds, mattresses, cabinets, desks, bookcases, wardrobes)
- WHITE GOODS (e.g. Fridges, freezers, cookers, tumble dryers, microwaves)
- GARDEN EQUIPMENT (e.g. Small Lawnmowers, garden implements, garden tables and chairs, barbeques, bikes)
- CARPET (Small amounts of carpet and underlay (off cuts or no more than 1 room size)
- ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT (e.g. Computers, televisions)
Please state when booking if your collection includes electrical items
We won't take
- Wood (Including sheds, fences, skirting board, architraves, gripper rods, broken up furniture, dog kennels)
- Metal (Including iron bars, corrugated iron, garage doors, gates)
- DIY Materials (Bricks, blocks, concrete, pipes, guttering, plasterboard, paint )
- Fixtures & Fittings (Fireplaces, kitchens, bathroom suites, doors, radiators, storage heaters, water cylinders/tanks, heating systems, stair banisters, windows, slide robes, glass front fires)
- Garden Waste (Grass/Hedge Cuttings, Trees)
- Miscellaneous (Asbestos, house clearances, Sunbeds, Oil Tanks, Gas Cylinders, Car Parts, Concrete Coal Bunkers, Pianos)
- Bags (Household refuse, gardens waste etc)
*Under the bulky scheme we do not remove garden waste.
*The Council only offer a kerbside collection of garden/organic waste in the green bin, we do not offer any further collection services for garden waste, soil or rubble.
Where do I leave my items?
Items can be collected from:
- If possible it is best to leave the items arranged for collection outside your property (e.g. front or back garden)
Items must be out for collection by 7.30 am.
Bulky collections are normally made on your next collection day providing that a notice of 2 working days is given.
Please make sure they are:
- Dry and covered – particularly furniture
- Accessible when we arrive to collect them
- Clearly identifiable
- Only those items booked for collection – other items not described will be left.
- Heavily soiled items will not be collected.
If these conditions are not met there will not be a collection and a refund may be given (part collections will be charged at full price).
There are companies specialising in furniture recycling operating in the County Borough.
This will help minimise the amount of waste taken to landfill sites.