North Wales Adoption Service
The North Wales Adoption Service is a regional service undertaking the recruitment, training assessment and support of adopters and family finding for the six North Wales authorities namely Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Wrexham and Ynys Môn. The authorities are now pooling their resources and developing joint activities in order to provide a more efficient service to all those involved in adoption across the region. Since April 2014 the service has been integrated into the National Adoption Service of Wales.
Through the sharing of good practice and expertise of adoption workers both on a regional and a national basis the service aims to:
- Improve outcomes for children being adopted
- Ensure the assessment process is delivered efficiently and provide more training opportunities for prospective and approved adopters.
- Enhance the provision of support services for adoptive families, adopted adults and birth parents.
- Maximise the placement choices of families for children
- Reduce timescales for children and adopters
- Ensure an equitable service for all by working together across the region
For further information:
Telephone: 0800 085 0774