Wrexham County Borough Council Dog Control Orders 2009
- A Dog Fouling Order will be in force across the whole of the County Borough to allow action to be taken where people allow their dogs to foul and fail to remove the waste forthwith.
- A Dog Exclusion Order will apply to
- Fenced Children’s Play Areas
- The Playing Areas of marked sports pitches
- Bowling Greens
This Order requires that dogs be excluded entirely from the areas listed above.
- A Dogs on Lead by Direction Order to all applicable land allowing an Authorised Officer to instruct owners to place and keep a dog on a lead when necessary.
Offences committed contrary to any of the said Orders carry a maximum penalty upon conviction of a fine not exceeding level 3 (currently £1000) . Offences can also be dealt with by a fixed penalty notice of £75. There are exceptions for assistance dogs.
Signs will be in place at all key areas to inform the public of the effect of these Orders.