Early Education for 3 year olds in Wrexham
Do you have a child who will be 3 between 1st September and 31st March? If YES then read on...
Funding is available for 3 year old children in Wrexham to receive Funded Early Education the term after their 3rd birthday. To be eligible, your child must be aged 3 prior to the term they are due to start and be resident in Wrexham County Borough.
Your child can have a place in a funded setting for either:
- 5 sessions a week, one per day, of 2 hours duration
- 4 sessions per week, one per day, of two and a half hours duration.
This will depend on what the setting of your choice is providing.
A funded setting is approved for the provision of Funded Early Education for 3 year olds and may be one of the following:
- Private Day Nursery
- Nursery Class or Early Years Unit in a local school.
You may apply by completing an Admission Form. These can be obtained from:
- a funded setting, Wrexham Family Information Service, which is based in Wrexham Library and by ringing Early Education admissions on 01978 295430.
You can apply for a funded place at only ONE setting. Funding goes directly to the setting each half term.
Settings who receive funding:
- must have appropriately qualified staff
- will be inspected by ESTYN
- must provide the stated sessions
- will be supported by a qualified teacher, on a regular basis.
Securing a place at a funded Early Education setting DOES NOT give you an automatic Nursery place in a Wrexham school. This MUST be applied for separately online at www.wrexham.gov.uk/admissions or from Contact Centre, 16 Lord Street, Wrexham.
Wrexham is committed to giving our youngest children the best possible start in Education through high quality, holistic and stimulating learning experiences.
Learning through Play
- having fun!
- making friends!
- growing in confidence!
- finding out!
- new experiences!
- developing independence!