Wrexham Community Safety Partnership
The Partnership was established in Wrexham in 1998 to bring together key public sector agencies in the County Borough to work jointly to reduce crime and the fear of crime. Statutory partners within the Community Partnership include Wrexham County Borough Council, North Wales Police, North Wales Police Authority, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, Betsi Cadwaladr Health Board and Wales Probation, other partners include the Welsh Government, The Home Office and the local Voluntary Sector.
The overall aims of the Partnership may be defined as follows:
- To reduce crime in the County Borough - ensuring that our area is a safe place to live work and visit
- To reduce the fear of crime in the County Borough - ensuring our area feels like a safe place to live work and visit .
With these aims very much in mind our key priority areas for 2011 - 2014 may be defined as follows :
- Reduce the levels of violent crime including sexual violence and domestic violence
- Tackle anti social behaviour
- Reduce the levels of acquisitive crime ( burglary, vehicle crime and business crime)
- Reduce re-offending by supporting the agencies which actively manage offenders
- Reduce the harm that substance misuse causes to communities, families and individuals
- Tackle hate related crime and disorder and encourage reporting
- Engage with communities to provide reassurance and increase public confidence