Already running your own Business?
Businessline is devoted to supporting local enterprises and can provide a range of services to help established businesses. Subscribing to a number of market leading resources, we have the capabilities to work with companies to achieve set goals and objectives through the provision of business information.
We offer both a wide and diverse range of services which can help your company:
- Generate sales leads and identify marketing opportunities
- Source new suppliers
- Check the credit worthiness of the suppliers and companies you're working with
- Research specific companies
- Identify grant opportunities and eligibility
- Make effective day-to-day business decisions
- Research particular market sectors for key trends, consumer profiles etc.
- Network your business
Businessline is able to help you:
Are you looking to target new customers and enhance your existing sales? If so, don't waste time and money generating your own mailing lists, which may not pinpoint the businesses of specific interest to you or comply with GDPR for instance. Businessline subscribe to Experians business-to-business marketing database. Allow our experienced team to create a business listing tailored to your exact needs and requirements. The database can be thoroughly filtered by incorporating numerous search options, such as the geographical location, type, size (by employee numbers and turnover) etc. of the businesses you are looking to target. Information which includes named contacts within organisations can be exported into spreadsheet format from which mailing lists can be easily created.
For more information and to request a search please refer to our business search enquiry page, please note a fee may be applicable to obtain data, however no charges will be incurred until you are happy with the number of results returned together with any costs to purchase the data.
Attracting clients / sales can often be one of the most difficult aspects of starting a new business and will of course prove critical to the future success of your enterprise. Businessline, as well as subscribing to numerous specialist resources which can be of use for specific marketing related purposes, also offer a number of marketing related initiatives, which include opportunities to:
- Advertise your business or provide an article for inclusion within our monthly newsletter
- Discover local advertising opportunities
- Raise awareness of business events you may be running
- Run a targeted business-to-business marketing campaign
- Offer a business-to-business discount on your services
- Feature as a studio guest on Calon FM’s Talking Business show
- List your business on Virtual Wrexham; Wrexham’s online shopping destination, if your sell online.
- Raise awareness of your business and form relationships with local companies by attending a 360 Networking meeting free of charge
A dedicated business radio show called The Business Community is broadcast to the Wrexham area every Thursday via Calon FM (105FM). Various business topics are discussed on the show to benefit local enterprises; guest appearance opportunities are also available.
If your business is diversifying into new business markets, applying for funding or if you are simply interested in identifying future growth forecasts within your industry sector; Businessline are able to offer FREE access to IBIS World reports, which often cost £495 to purchase, within Wrexham Library.
IBIS World is the UK's richest source of business and industry information. Reports provide independent, accurate, comprehensive, and current research on 100s of market sectors in the UK, including statistics, analysis and forecasts.
Please contact Businessline or alternatively complete our online enquiry form if you would like to identify whether any reports are available which relate to your market sector.
Businessline are able to provide free access to in excess of 1,000 up-to-date and customisable business documents from the Indicator – FL Memo Tips and Advice Business Database, which covers topics such as employment law, fire safety, HR, health and safety, checklists for business, finance management and accountancy etc. All documents are written concisely in plain English and are ready for immediate use, allowing for efficient business management whilst also saving you time and money.
Some of the most popular model policies / document include:
Terms and conditions of sale
- Terms and conditions of sale to a consumer
- Business-to-business terms and conditions of sale
- Terms and conditions for supply of services to business customers
- Online terms and conditions - sale of services to a consumer
- Online terms and conditions - business to consumer - sale of goods contract
- Sale of goods agreement
- Copyright assignment (of designs created for your business / company)
- Confidentiality agreement (when allowing a third party to have access to your business information or data)
- Letter or confidentiality (a less formal option to a confidentiality agreement, usually entered into at an early stage of any negotiations / discussions)
- GDPR privacy notice
- Subcontracting agreement
- Invoice Template
- Invoice reminder letter
- Risk assessment template
- Risk assessment audit
- Credit account application form (for customers who ask for a credit facility)
- Letter confirming verbal order
- No contract letter (in response to a verbal contract allegation)
- Personal guarantee of payment (for a potential customer with poor references)
- Partnership agreement
- Limited liability partnership agreement
Please feel free to contact us or alternatively complete our online enquiry form if you would like to access any documents or advice available via this resource.
Increase your knowledge of your key competitors or find partners for your service. We can provide you with company details, which overview their size in terms of turnover and employee numbers, the location of their premises and direct links to company websites, where you will be able to conduct further background research into each area of interest.
- Unsure whether a business has the means to pay for goods or services you've been requested to supply?
- Interested in verifying the financial viability of your existing / potential suppliers?
- Looking to investigate possible business partners before signing a contract?
Take advantage of our free credit checking service. The reports we’re able to provide from Experian, are both comprehensive and of high quality, providing the information from which well-informed decisions can be made.
Reports will ultimately highlight any companies with a poor credit worthiness rating and those in a poor financial situation before you enter into business with them, thereby greatly reducing the risks associated with financial investments.
Information provided includes a credit score and credit limit value, financial and risk information, ownership and director’s details as well as performance breakdowns highlighting credit score and credit limit changes on a monthly basis together with payment performance information for many companies.
Reports are available for any limited company within the UK, briefer reports are also available for many sole traders. Should you be working with businesses trading outside of the UK; reports are also available for foreign companies, however a fee would be applicable to obtain this information.
We’re also able to provide access to a wide variety of factsheets (external link) aimed at assisting you with the day to day running of your business. Please contact Businessline or alternatively complete our online enquiry form specifying the number together with the title of the factsheet(s) (external link) of interest.
The HMRCs free e-learning tool contains relevant information, learning checks and links to the appropriate parts of the HMRC website, which will guide you through the key aspects of running your business, in line with standard regulations. Topics covered within this package cover national insurance, records you should keep, business expenses you're able to claim, self assessment online, paying the HMRC and growing your business i.e. employing staff. Please view the e-learning tool (external link) for further information.